Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

15.12.11

Sales Job

                    
                  I headed towards the perfect finishing line of my sales job yesterday. I sold 10 roses, the current best record I have and I was the best seller that day. On the streets, under the scorching sun, I was selling roses at each for $10. The unbelievable thing is 8 people were willing to buy from me. Had a very difficult time trying to get people to buy the roses. I guess what was needed is the perseverance and determination. 
                   This job has taught me a lot. First, the constant rejection I was faced with made me numb to rejection. Second, my communication skills and speaking style changed for the better. Third, I could approach people easier.
                   At the end of the day, I wonder how many people have actually stopped for a minute to listen to me and buy a product? The results show Singaporeans are always rushing for time.

Mabel's emotional weather report: Tired
 

Text