Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

23.6.12

Teacher in Panic

          Some of us have the experience of getting so frustrated for not being able to solve a question or understand a concept. Especially when you keep doing papers & questions...

          In fact, there was once I broke into tears when I couldn't solve a maths question. Have been staring at it for 1hour 30minutes. When I got home, my parents got scared and tried to solve the question for me as well.
How I felt.

           Yesterday, I helped one of my friends who got stuck in this chemistry question on hybridisation. She texted me she's crying over not getting the answer for a question. I was just so afraid that she'd break down after crazy weeks of practice. I took a deep breath, determined to help her. However it wasn't easy to understand the concept at first, since I didn't pay attention in class. Desperately wanting to help my friend, within 5 minutes, I understood part of hybridisation. Immediately, I texted her my answer. Of course, there were mistakes here and there, but she managed to pick them all out, I managed to solve the problem eventually.

            I might have sounded calm over the phone. But trust me, inside me, everything's all jumbled up. Motivation was panic driven, combined with worry & confusion. When she almost managed to get it, I let out a long sigh of relief. Hahas, at least she wasn't crying anymore :)
Understanding what teachers do.
I guess it was a good experience being a "teacher in panic". Thanks Jas <3


 

Text