Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

25.10.11

Mini Essay: Stand Up

      
      Iceskaters probably fell countless times when they started out as amateurs. How about us?
            Falling down is easy but standing up from where we fall is difficult. We have cleared our first subject for 'O' levels-- English. Well, almost everyone said they screwed up more or less. Since 'O' level grades are based on a bell curve, shouldn't most of us be around the same? After taking the exam, I think there is nothing to be demoralized about. Good or bad, it's over, we can't do much about it.
             I remembered once when my English dropped to pit bottom. Horrible feeling. Despite the challenges, I climbed up slowly. My family, teachers and friends had constantly encouraged me. Soon, I was back to the standard I was. My prelim results was atrocious too, but I picked myself up. I know the feeling of not doing well just shuts everyone down from studying. However, I trust that so long as we learn from our mistakes, accept it and move on, we could achieve better results.
            The worse we did, the more we need to improve. For this period, we need to stand up quickly from where we fell. We need to come back with more courage, confidence and determination, fast. Failing is not the end of everything, it is the beginning. So, let's grip our teeth and walk towards greater heights. 
             Dear friends, we'll survive this test together. So don't stop believing! 
 

Text